It's time to pack your bags and the load the car because we're going to Chicago! Are you ready to take on "The Windy City"? If you said yes, I've created the perfect guide to help you and your friends explore this beautiful city in three nights and four days. If you ever plan on going to Chicago, the perfect time to go is in the summer or on Labor Day Weekend. I love Columbus, but it's always refreshing to get away for awhile and explore a new city.
This past weekend, I traveled with two friends and drove five hours to the "Windy City" where we walked, biked, explored, and tasted all that we could of Chicago. Traveling to Chicago has been on my bucket list for quite some time and I'm so happy I was able to experience this breathtaking beauty on such a gorgeous holiday weekend.
HOW TO EXPLORE CHICAGO:
4. Kayak or Paddle Board
FREE THINGS TO DO IN CHICAGO:
If you ever visit Chicago during Labor Day weekend, you'll be in awe of all the beautiful weddings that take place around the city. All the brides looked so beautiful, I just had to take a picture. I think I took it without notice hahaha.
Congrats to all the beautiful couples who said, "I do" this weekend!
CLUBS, BARS, AND LOUNGES IN CHICAGO:
1. The Signature Lounge/Room
GREAT PLACES TO BAR HOP:
1. Wicker Park
2. Hubbard Street (Downtown)
ROOF TOP RESTAURANTS & BRUNCH SPOTS:
1. The Terrace
Bourbon French Toast and Mimosas at the Godfrey Hotel
Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese and Mimosas at Sweetwater Tavern
Smoked Salmon and Orange Juice at the Godfrey Hotel
1. Stay with a friend who lives in Chicago or split a hotel with friends
2. Always eat Brunch!
3. Eat at BYOB spots or bring miniatures in your purse.
Order a Sprite or Coke and then make your own mix drink!
- Thanks Jillian!
4. Stay in the city (Central Loop) if you can!
5. Utilize Chase QuickPay for those who bank with Chase
6. Bring $15.00 for tolls (this will cover to and from)
7. Create a bucket list!
8. Sing a lot of Beyonce' while you're on the road!
9. Buy liquor before you leave Ohio so you can drink in your hotel before you go out
10. Jump in Lake Michigan!
- My friend Kendra did this & I loved it!
11. Get Giordano's Pizza to go
12. Buy a bag or tin of Garrett's Popcorn!
13. Take someone's car with good mileage
14. Save fuel points a month before you go
15. Take/Save $300.00-350.00
16. Look up hotels a month or two in advance for the best deals
So everyone, what do you think? Are you ready to visit Chicago or will you be planning a visit next summer? I had an amazing time in Chicago and it will be an experience I'll never forget. I was able to take this trip with two amazing women who had me cracking up the entire time and I can't wait to do this again.
Since I plan to make this an annual trip, please let me know of any other places to see, and things to do in Chicago the next time I'm there. I know I want to visit the Shedd Aquarium and Willis Tower, but what else would you recommend?
Keep it local, but also take some time to travel too!
My name is Morgan Pelt and I am a Columbus Lifestyle Blogger. My blog features local businesses and events in the Columbus, OH area including: restaurants, stores, gallery hops, fashion, and people. I want this blog to be fun and resourceful. There's so many new places to discover, new food to try, and good people to meet. Are you ready to join me?