Did you shop local this weekend? If not, shame on you. This past weekend was, "Shop Small Saturday" and lucky for you, I've created a special holiday gift guide so you can shop local all month long (and even beyond it). I had the great opportunity to stop by some small local businesses, buy some really cool gifts, and spend some quality time with family & friends. I don't buy local because it's cool or because I sympathize for small business owners, I buy local by choice and because there are some really great products that most people just don't know about. You're not doing anyone any favors just by buying local on the holidays, it's important to do this year round. I truly enjoyed my weekend and I hope this guide can give you some ideas for that special someone or difficult family member this holiday season. Have fun!
1. Brother's Drake Apple Pie Wine *NEW Flavor Alert!
2. An Ohio Leather Mason Jar Holder
3. A Columbus Cut Map
4. Leather Mason Jar Holders
5. An Ohio-Made Peg Board Game
6. Brother's Drake Wine Gift Set (ONLY $39.99)
7. Ohio Mugs, Glasses, & Ohio-Shaped Cutting Boards
8. Ohio Shot Glasses
9. OH Wood Coasters
10. Co Go Bikes - Give an experience!
11. An Ohio-Cut Map
12. Buy Local
13. Liz Franklin Earrings & Necklaces
14. A Liz Franklin Ring
15. Celebrate Local
16. MY Liz Franklin Necklaces I bought!
17. "Don't stop BELIEVE'in" Wood Sign
18. Ohio-Made Scarf
19. Ohio Wood iPhone Case
20. Keep Celebrating Local
21. Ohio Made Pottery
22. Cool Jewelry (made from silverware)
23. Colorful Vintage Jewelry
24. Local Key Chain by Bearded Woodcraft
25. "Someone in ___, OH loves you" by Spotted Cow Paper
26. I love Beer Key Chain
27. Red Giraffe Design Jewelry
28. Red Giraffe Design "Love" bracelets
29. Wood Sunglasses by Columbus Barrel Co.
30. Columbus Food Adventures Gift Certificates
31. Coppa Gelato Gift Certificates
32. Homage Sweaters
33. Homage Beanie Hats
34. Baydian Collection Scarves
35. Polar Bear Express - Pedal Wagon Gift Certificates
36. Red Giraffe Design Bracelets
More Local Gift Ideas:
1. Studio 614 Gift Certificates (Wine & Painting Class)
2. Cycle 614 Gift Certificates (Fitness Class)
3. Shop Kifle Clothing Apparel, Shoes & Accessories
4. Made by Ngo Clothing Apparel & Accessories
5. The Art of Yoga Gift Certificates (Fitness Class)
6. Bohindi Jewelry
7. Cosecha Gift Sets or a Cosecha Cactus Plant
8. Megan Hogan's Hand-Made Cards
If you want to meet more than 90+ local vendors in person, you should check out the "Made Local Marketplace" event coming up on Saturday, December 13th at Bridgewater Banquet Center (10561 Sawmill Pkwy, Powell, OH 43065). The event will be held from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. I hope you take the time to shop local this holiday season and enjoy the craftsmanship of local artisans. The majority of photos seen above were taken at Celebrate Local at Easton Town Center which encompasses more than 300+ local vendors all in one store. How convenient, am I right?
I really hope you all enjoyed this gift guide and I apologize to all the other local businesses not mentioned. Your hard work and hustle have not gone unnoticed and I appreciate your contributions to the Columbus community. Thank you for making Columbus a better place to live, eat, and play!
Have a happy holidays everyone!
My name is Morgan Pelt and I am a Columbus Lifestyle Blogger. My blog features local businesses and events in the Columbus, OH area including: restaurants, stores, gallery hops, fashion, and people. I want this blog to be fun and resourceful. There's so many new places to discover, new food to try, and good people to meet. Are you ready to join me?