Happy 4th of July, Columbus!
Oh say! can you see,
By the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hailed,
At the twilight’s last gleaming;
Whose broad stripes and bright stars…
It’s 4th of July! & it only feels right to sing the national anthem on this beautiful day. Today, I want to talk about where you’re from or “Where I’m From” because…
It’s not just a brand,
It’s a lifestyle,
It’s who you are,
And it is what makes you, you!
When we talk about home or where we’re from there’s a sense of pride, am I right? We associate our hometowns with sports teams, local food spots, high school friends, but most importantly our experiences (which shape who we are). I am so excited to talk about an emerging t-shirt brand that exemplifies just that. So let’s get into the good stuff.
Where I’m From… is an authentic t-shirt company based in Columbus, OH founded by Ryan Napier (26) and Andrew VanderLind (25). Both Andrew and Ryan are native Ohioans and have tremendous pride for the place they call home. They created “Where I’m From” based on local pride and passion for Ohio. Soon after, they began brainstorming and all of sudden the ideas started flooding.
Columbus Living: It seems like making local t-shirts these days are extremely popular. What makes your t-shirts so different?
Where I’m From: There are some great companies out there, but we wanted to differentiate ourselves in three main ways.
1. We use the highest quality materials in everything we do. As of July 8th, 100% of our shirts will be made from custom fabric, sewed custom for us here in America.
2. We focus on providing both men and women specific styles and designs. Many companies in the space do not put effort into their women’s lines nor do they offer women’s apparel.
3. We represent the places you are from and stick to that brand identity. From city to state, to country, we offer a variety of Tees that can show off your pride in a trendy, fun way.
“…Every shirt is made with respect, originality and a little flair. We celebrate the places that have shaped you into who you are today and honor that pride and heritage with the highest quality materials and attention to detail.” – Where I’m From
Their business launched in March 2014 and now they sell many of their T-shirts in stores around Ohio such as:
1. Simply Vague at Tuttle and Polaris Mall
a. Currently the Polaris store is under construction for relocation
2. Devoted on OSU’s campus
3. Royal Factory on High Street
4. State and Third on Capital Square
5. Simply Local in Canal Winchester
6. Local Markets & Festivals on the weekends in Columbus, OH
As you can see this brand, “Where I’m From” is expanding quickly and their success breaking into the competitive market of fashion retail has proven to be successful. They also sell their t-shirts online at www.whereimfrom.com
How much does a Where I’m From T-Shirt cost?
Shirts are $25.00 and tanks are $20.00 online. “Our best deals can be found at local markets. We always try to have a sale or BOGO going on,” stated Andrew. If you want to know more about upcoming sales and discounts follow them on Instagram @where_imfrom, Twitter: @where_im_from, and/or Facebook.
Keep It Local,
My name is Morgan Pelt, founder and lifestyle blogger behind Columbus Living – a blog dedicated to sharing stories about local businesses, events and entrepreneurs. I grew up in Columbus and as a creative outlet; I like to share my adventures and experiences through writing, photography and social media. It's time to discover new places, try new food, and meet new people. Let's go!