I only need three ingredients for a good night out 1) Good Drinks 2) Good Food and 3) Good Friends. Yes, I need them in that order and my friends understand that before any conversation starts, a drink needs to be in hand. After a long work week, you need a night out to decompress from work, your significant other and life’s craziness. Now that I’m an adult (I mean paying bills) and working in the real world, time with family and friends is important to me. Sometimes you want to “go out” without “going out”. You know what I mean? If not, let me explain. I love getting together with my girlfriends, but blending this combination with good food and drinks can make a night out even better.
1) We are extremely fashion forward, people are shocked when they hear we’re #3 in the U.S
2) You can enjoy the changing of seasons
3) We love our donuts!
4) Gallery Hops in the Short North
5) Forbes rated Columbus as one of the top 15 cities for business in the U.S
6) The Columbus Zoo & Aquarium is one of the best zoos in the nation
7) The Scioto Mile is absolutely beautiful
8) We house the best football team in the nation, the Ohio State Buckeyes
9) Columbus was the only U.S. city ranked in the “Most Intelligent Cities in the World”
10) Our growing craft brewery culture
11) You will see interracial dating everywhere!
12) The Apple Pie Mead at Brother’s Drake Meadery
13) Columbus is extremely open-minded – we have a strong LGBT community
14) Columbus Commons has free concerts in the summer
15) We are the 15th largest city in the U.S.
My name is Morgan Pelt, founder and lifestyle blogger behind Columbus Living – a blog dedicated to sharing stories about local businesses, events and entrepreneurs. I grew up in Columbus and as a creative outlet; I like to share my adventures and experiences through writing, photography and social media. It's time to discover new places, try new food, and meet new people. Let's go!