Did you suffer from serious fomo (fear of missing out) last summer? Are you always the last person to know what’s going on during the weekend? It’s time for you to be the person in the know. For once in your lifetime become the inviter and not the invitee. Morgan, how am I going to do that? I’ll tell you how, take this list and make it your summer b-i-o-t-c-h. No more fomo for you my friend. Have fun this summer & share this list with friends & family. Enjoy!
1. Head over to Westerville and share a flight of gelato with friends at Coppa Gelato
2. Love grilled cheese and craft beer? Plan a happy hour with friends at Bodega. Grab a grilled cheese for a $1.00 on Mondays!
3. Skip the bar hopping. Go gallery hopping in Short North starting June 6 and every first Saturday of the month
4. Shop local at Made Local Marketplace with more than 80+ vendors brought to you by Simply Vague
5. Grab a strong one at Curio at Harvest in German Village
6. Travel to the Heart of Africa at the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium and feed the giraffes
7. Attend a Clippers game and pay the tab for your entire crew, it’s Dime-a-Dog night at Huntington Park
8. Are 10 cent hot dogs too cheap for you? Instead, have a gourmet hot dog at DareDevil Dogs and add tater tots!
9. Run the Hoover Dam steps in Westerville and murder your work-out
10. Have an anniversary in the summer? Take a cooking class with your loved one at Sur La Table at Easton Towne Center
11. Need a detox? Try a 3-day juice cleanse with Zest Juice, Native Cold Press, or PurePressed Juicery
12. Attend a Blank Canvas event where art and young professionals meet. This event happens every third Friday of the month from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
13. Happy Fourth of July! Attend Red, White, and Boom and enjoy the fireworks with family and friends
14. Always say yes to Brunch – try Kraft House No. 5, Tasi Cafe, Katalina’s Cafe, Skillet, Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, or Lindey’s
15. Support Dress for Success on June 18 for Dine. Drink. Dress at Strongwater Food & Spirits
16. Try out class pass and work out at multiple studios around Columbus; check out my experience here
17. Looking for the best patio seating in Columbus? Check out this awesome list
18. Is the summer heat getting to you? Take a break and cool out at Fox in the Snow Café
19. Need a break from the city? Take a trip out to Hocking Hills State Park and touch every waterfall
20. Take a photo in the field of sunflowers off US 68 near Yellow Springs
21. Spoil your significant other with a sweet treat from Pistacia Vera or Red Velvet Café
22. Attend movie night at Columbus Commons.
23. Participate in a 5K with friends and don’t take the running too seriously – just have fun!
24. Take a food adventure! Or perhaps drinking is more your thing, check out Columbus Food Adventures or their sister company; Columbus Brew Adventures
25. Go rock-climbing at Scioto Audobon Park or the newly built Vertical Adventures
26. Take a run along the Scioto Mile and take in the view of downtown Columbus
27. Skipping out on cardio, eh? Have fun at Bicentennial Park and enjoy lunch at Milestone 229
28. Attend the Ohio State Fair and sing along with Meghan Trainor, cause your lips are movin’
29. Have your stomach ready and get excited for the Columbus Food Truck Festival at Columbus Commons
30. Meet up with friends and enjoy a cocktail at MOUTON on a random Saturday
31. Plan a week-long of happy hours and enjoy free jazz on Wednesdays at Brother’s Drake Meadery
32. Go shopping in the Short North
33. Try a 7-Day Taco Diet like Beth Stallings from Crave
34. Host a pool party in your neighborhood complex
35. Sign-up for a cooking class at the Commissary
36. Aye, aye matey – perfect your Captain Hook impersonation on Pirate Island at the Columbus Zoo
37. Take your nerdy brother who just turned 21 to 16-Bit Bar+Arcade and order him a Lego head full of beer
38. Stop and smell the roses at the Franklin Park Conservatory
39. Buy vintage pieces at the Market Flea at North Market every Sunday into October (except August 3 and October 5)
40. You donut care? Well, we do – try out the newly opened Destination Donuts at North Market
41. Bar hop and get to know your downtown neighbors at Park Street Festival on June 12 and 13
42. Make a splash at Zoombezi Bay
43. Plan a romantic date night at M at Miranova
44. “I wish that I could be like the cool kids” well now you can at Grandview Digfest
45. Make it a goal to attend at least ten summer festivals from the 2015 Columbus Festival Season list by Columbus Underground
46. Go cabrewing or tubing at Mohican Adventures (up 71 north)
47. Go back to your childhood memories & visit the Mohican Treehouses which were featured on Treehouse Masters on Animal Planet
48. Attend a Columbus Young Professionals (CYP) meet up event
49. Make a day trip up to Cleveland and check out West Side Market
50. Meet up with a local Columbus blogger and share a few laughs
51. Go zip-lining at Zip Zone Canopy Tours
52. Feeling native, take a walk through the Olentangy Indian Caverns
53. Hosting a bachelor or bachelorette party? Reserve a Pedal Wagon for your next event
54. Just in case the summer gets too stressful, take a break and relax at The Spa at River Ridge
55. Looking to explore two miles of underground passageways? Try the Ohio Caverns – America’s Most Colorful Caverns
56. Gearing up for Pelotonia? Sign-up for a class at Cycle614
57. Can’t afford to travel this summer? Plan a stay-cation! Check out the newest addition to the Short North Le Meridien Columbus, The Joseph
58. Instagram your food like a super hero at Super Chef’s
59. Take photos with friends and ask a stranger to take it. Leave the selfie sticks at home!
I hope you enjoyed my list of summer events and things to do. There is still plenty on this list that I haven’t done and I hope to experience as much as possible and more. If you think I am missing any staple events from summer time in Columbus please let me know and leave it in the comments below. All-in-all, the best way to get to know Columbus is to experience Columbus. Have fun and enjoy the warm weather. We all know Columbus weather has a mind of its own.
*All photos included in this post were not created by Columbus Living. If you are the original owner of this photo and would like to be credited, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My name is Morgan Pelt, founder and lifestyle blogger behind Columbus Living – a blog dedicated to sharing stories about local businesses, events and entrepreneurs. I grew up in Columbus and as a creative outlet; I like to share my adventures and experiences through writing, photography and social media. It's time to discover new places, try new food, and meet new people. Let's go!