Hello Columbus Lovers!
Will you go on a date with me? Let's just say a first date with me is never boring and that is why I have compiled a list of 50 First Dates in Columbus to fit every relationship/dating type. This post is perfect for artists, adventurers, history buffs, photographers, sports fans, and for those looking to save money. Aren't you tired of dinner and a movie? Of course you are! Impress your first date & show them you care by planning the date. It doesn't have to be perfect, but avoid the questions, "So where do you want to eat tonight?" or "What do you want to do?" If that's not a dead kill for the night, I don't know what is. Be creative and mix and match any of the ideas below. Columbus is the perfect place to get to know that person you like, so start scrolling, and go!
1. Schiller Park in German Village + Harvest Pizzeria
2. Rusty Wallace Racing Experience (Expensive)
3. Antrim Park
4. Batting Cages in Westerville
5. The Boat House at Confluence Park (Scenic View)
6. Barcelona Restaurant in German Village (Expensive)
7. Sunday Brunch Date at Tasi Cafe in Short North
8. Grand Prix Karting (pricing varies)
10. Hocking Hills Adventures (Weekend Trip Activities)
11. Short North Gallery Hop
12. The Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
13. The Wilds
14. Grab Hot Chicken Takeover and Jeni's Splendid Ice-Cream at the North Market
15. Zip Zone Canopy Tours in Worthington
16. Indian Run Falls in Dublin
17. Hayden Falls Park
18. Whetstone Park of Roses in Clintonville
19. Olentangy Paddle
21. Music Concert at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion
22. CoGo Bike Riding Downtown Columbus
23. Vertical Adventures (Rock Climbing)
24. Star Lanes Bowling (Upscale) at Polaris Parkway
25. Pedal Wagon (Perfect for group dates)
26. Easton Movie Theater (Dine-In)
27. Special Food Tours with Columbus Food Adventures (pricing varies)
28. Clippers Game at Huntington Park
29. Shadowbox Live Theater Performance
30. Wine Tasting with Wine on High
31. Zoombezi Bay Water Park
32. A night out at Top Golf
33. Miniature Putt Putt at Magic Mountain Fun Center
34. Hoover Reservoir Park in Westerville
35. Drive-In Movie
36. Olentangy Indian Caverns
37. Franklin Park Conservatory
38. Scioto Mile Walk + Milestone 229
39. The Largest Free Outdoor Climbing Wall in the country at Scioto Audubon
40. Brunch at Katalina's Cafe + Goodale Park
41. Alum Creek State Park
42. Inniswood Park
43. Creekside Park at Gahanna: Paddle Boats are available on summer weekend afternoons (Saturday and Sunday, after 12 p.m.) for $5.00 for 15 minutes.
44. Open Wheel Friday at Clayspace
45. Topiary Park
46. Paint and Drink at Colors & Bottles
47. Ohio Historical Society
48. The Ohio Statehouse
49. Arena District (Perfect for group dates)
50. Columbus Crew Game
So.... what do you think? Have you decided what you're going to do? It's okay if you're overwhelmed by all the amazing future dates you can create with this list. Use this post as a resource and come back to it as much as you like!
Be mindful of your date! There are a lot of fun ideas listed, but don't just think of yourself and what you like to do when you plan the date. Be creative and have fun!
Good luck and hashtag #ColumbusLiving if you post your first date on Instagram.
My name is Morgan Pelt, founder and lifestyle blogger behind Columbus Living – a blog dedicated to sharing stories about local businesses, events and entrepreneurs. I grew up in Columbus and as a creative outlet; I like to share my adventures and experiences through writing, photography and social media. It's time to discover new places, try new food, and meet new people. Let's go!